Thursday, January 28

3...2...1...Liftoff!

From this point forward please visit www.NashvilleCyclist.com to find the 2010 version of the site and blog. I will no longer be posting blogs to this Blogger account, but it will remain here to remind you to visit me at my flagship site!

January 20th, 2010 was a big day for NashvilleCyclist.com! On that date I presented a new site for 2010, and well, it is kind of a big deal for me.

Much of 2009 was spent mentally preparing to tear down my familiar home and literally starting from scratch. Making that decision was harder than I realized it would be, but once I did I have not looked back. I had a vision of the mansion I wanted to build and set out to make it happen. My hope is this new design wows you right away and makes your jaw drop. The change is quite dramatic and absolutely going in the right direction to meet your needs.

As you look around and see all the unique features added you can surmise this was no easy task. When you hear people say, "oh yeah, you can easily put a site together." Sure you can, if you want a site lacking a dynamic look, interactive features and just plain boring. I desired more than a cookie cutter site off the shelf, and while the programs behind the framework are standard fair I believe you will agree this is unlike other websites out there. The thing is, I am just getting started.

As you look around you will notice some familiarity of content taken from the old site to this one. You will also notice there are several new and updated features included. It was not possible to easily migrate a lot of info from the old site, which means this site lacks the depth of the previous five year old dinosour. As time passes I do hope to bring more older content over, but I am definitely investing much of my time on future content. Afterall, you do want information that is timely and relevant to today.

What am I most excited about? First, the content management system behind it encourages me to work daily on the website. I cannot emphasize enough how this alone is critical to NashvilleCyclist.com's future development. Second, it feels like I received a good scrub down after five years of working the fields; the look sure is easy on the eyes!

Below are a few things that stand out to me:

Diaries - we have a new team!
Interviews - you will enjoy our connections.
Forum - hey, it works!
Front page slideshow - hit the highlight reel!
Race Team Information - the crew in light blue deserve some love!
Coaching articles - it is high time I did this.
Comment abilities - oh Lord, please be nice!
Polls - for a little fun!
Text size adjuster - for you near or far sighted folks.
Sharing capacity - see something you like, pass it on!
Clean link pages - no more of that frameset garbage.
Paid Advertising - everyone has always said I could make money, bring it on!

If there is anything you see that's odd and not working or if there are browser compatibility issues then please visit the Contact Us section. We have worked on the kinks, but our guess is you may encounter some issues. Please be patient with us through this transition, and I can promise you in due time you will be satisfied with our ultimate outcome.

Last, but certainly not least, I want to give props and a huge thank you to Jess Brown of Brown Web Design. Jess is the man with the tool belt who made this site become a reality. I have been impressed with him since our first phone conversation, and he has more than lived up to his end of this endeavor. Investing my resources in Jess was probably one of my smarter decisions in awhile, so if you have web design needs I highly recommend him.

Jess, great work my friend; I truly appreciate your patience and abilities.

NashvilleCyclist.com fans - welcome to 2010 - going forward, to read my site and cycle blog please visit www.NashvilleCyclist.com.

All the best

Tim Hall
owner/publisher
NashvilleCyclist.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home