Tuesday, November 24

Rattle my cage

The pace is finally slowing down and I'm no longer getting dropped on a daily basis. It's time to rev the engine and keep that throttle steady with the occasional excited burst. We announced our team roster the other day for 2010, and coming later this week we will announce several partnerships we've lined up as well. It's an exciting time to be part of NashvilleCyclist.com, and soon we'll be unveiling a new website everyone will greatly appreciate (me especially!).

With so much going on lately my IE favorites has been piling up to a mountain too difficult to climb. Therefore I deleted a lot of untimely news items, in this post I've sprinkled in a few timeless ones. Let's kick off with a little bit of advocacy news and then have some fun with other worthy news links, some cycling some not cycling.


Bike Walk Tennessee
In case you weren't aware, we now have a state-wide advocacy group tackling issues important to bicyclists and pedestrians across the state. A lot of hard work has gone into putting this together, and I encourage you to provide your support by becoming a member HERE. I will be signing up as an individual on behalf of NashvilleCyclist.com to become part of their "Associate organization." Let's put our collective voices together and help BWT pack a punch!


Share The Road Tennessee - license plates
While we are on the advocacy kick let's get behind this effort too! I'm told pre-paid orders are barely 300 right now, and the deadline is next summer to hit the goal of around 1000 (I think). I helped a few others years ago attempt this same thing but we fell short by about 500 pre-orders. I believe we have the momentum now though, and you'll be seeing more of this on my website soon. The law then required 1000 up front commitments before the state would create the plate, but maybe it's a little less now. Either way, pony up and get behind this effort!

You can visit this link HERE to type in your information, print out the form, write a $35 check, and mail it to the Jeff Roth Cycling Foundation. This foundation has accomplished a lot in a short period of time regarding items such as the Tennessee 3' Law, promoting safety, and through the effort of this license plate. Put your money where your mouth is!


Pedicabs Will Now Be Inspected and Licensed
This is gonna be part of my training plan for 2010 to improve power. Imagine pushing the pedals to move upwards of 500 pounds all day long. Plus, make a little money too? My sprint my suffer but maybe I'll climb a little better!


Our rich cycling culture: Getting to know the pedal pushers
Who is biking and why in the Twin Cities. Here in Nashville we have all those categories too, but we have not gained the respectful notice of motor vehicle drivers, yet. I believe the momentum is on our side when you consider the investments our local government is making to promote healthy lifestyles, connected neighborhoods through greenways and more bike lanes throughout the city. If we continue to give respect we'll continue to get respect with compounding interest, but it starts with us every single time we go out and ride our bikes.


Elite athletes: They're quick, competitive and nearly 40
From Lance Armstrong to Kurt Warner to Dara Torres, you too can become competitive and fit in your late 30s to 40s. The current king still looking for a team in the NHL is Chris Chelios at 47! Hey, I'm doing it too, so anything is possible! I do not subscribe to the 40s is the new 30s or any babble like that, but I do believe we can set out to achieve whatever we put our minds to doing. It's going to require hard work of course, but if you can dream it you can live it.


NewsChannel 5 Tennessee Area Super Resolution Radar
I recommend this radar anytime you're trying to decide whether or not to beat the rain. You can also choose high def TV and also choose to put it in motion.


Bike-Riding Rooster Booted From Miami Beach
Why are they picking on Mr. Clucky? I mean, he's a civilized rooster after all. "The bird's not going to be a witness, sir." Well I'm glad we cleared that up! Look, if I want a rooster on my handlebars, who are you to stop me? You have got to watch this news video about the story and court visit, priceless! I cannot believe they devoted over 3 minutes of news time for this.


Cavendish calls Garmin's team trial trial fixation "disrespectful"
I've been meaning to say this for a long time, couldn't the same thing be said of Columbia-HTC's obsession with the sprint finish?


Danger and Distraction - Tour de France
I love these audio quotes from the riders that challenge their patience during a huge event like the Tour de France. Leave it to Jens Voigt to put things into perspective by talking about spectators along the road; hilarious commentary about kids and people in wheelchairs.


Next year's Twitter? It's Foursquare
Well, maybe, but it's not in Nashville yet. Don't forget to follow NashvilleCyclist.com on Twitter HERE!

3 Comments:

Blogger ceeelcee said...

Foursquare just got here in the last week or so. I don't have an iPhone, so it's really for the cool kids, but go have fun with it!

9:19 PM  
Blogger NashvilleCyclist.com said...

Here where, Nashville? I have to check my iPhone app again. The other day we weren't listed within the details. I better check to stay within the cool kids category. I need all the cool points I can get!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Booksy said...

Your Blog is useful. I'm inspired. Mine will also be more useful, though I'll probably just mooch off you.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home